<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Almost... Back To Shape

So, think I'm well enough to get myself back to the blog, I've been very sick after I flew back to Hong Kong. (Took me 3 days on and off to write this blog...) Well, I don't wanna dwell about the details, but I have some very bad allergic reaction towards some medication. I'm not totally recovered now, but it's getting there and I'm doing my best to get well soon, so I can fly on 20th Jun! To be honest, I actually started feeling sick at the time I took off last week, but I didn't know it would turn out so serious after I get back.

Anyhow, last trip was very great, I was pairing with Harry, he is very helpful and fun to work with. We did a lot in Finland since we got more time to stay in the weekend, plus we are both beach nerds and museum geeks! To the extent, the weather was super fine there, sunny and warm - just like Summer Oz, so I was very pleasant even though I was unwell. Special thanks to Johanna, the Finnair crew we met on the street, she told us so much about Helsinki and took us around to see something very nice, kiitos!

We went to the Helsinki beach, all the little parks, went through some Finns festival, fish market, visited National Museum as well as Design Museum, and of coz did some serious shopping there! The powerful sunshine can really drive people to do so many things, I felt so energetic, didn't seem like sick at all. I guess it also had to do with Harry, we can just kept joking once we see each other. It was so funny when he told me how he can be so quiet when he was tired, and he said he's exhausted but he just kept talking. Well yea, Harry is a good dude, love working with him. :)

We bumped on a street festival "Reclaim the Street", people were drinking and dancing on the busy main street, skateboarders were doing tricks on the statue, and you can see DJ were spinning some nice drum n' bass, was very cool coz I rarely see Finns go so active and crazy (people were dancing on the top of a tram statin) like this, guess I smelled some weed too. ha. Another festival was more religious, the Helsinki church was having some outdoor ceremony, I didn't know what that is since ya know I'm not religious at all. It bores me anyway, so I leave before it start.

Next day, we went to the beach after breakfast, the beach was alright there, quite a nice view, but I have to say Aussie beach is still far much better! One thing that I don't really enjoy was the cheesy pop music they play in the public announcement system, we are like being forced to listened to stupid Pussycat doll and shit like that, arghh... Oh well, we've decided not to stay too long and spend more time in the museum instead. We spent like 2 hours in the National Museum and 2 hours in the Design Museum, couldn't even feel my legs after that!

Our last day, we just utilized our last 2 hours, went shopping like crazy! I spent like more than 100euros, oh my goodness... The moment I give pay my stuff, I feel like a monster and burn my money to eternal hell! EVIL! Full of guiltiness, but hey, I got a lots of good thing! Back to hotel and just pack and go!

Back flight was really good, the crews also invited me to go drink in Lan Kwai Fong with them! I even said yes, but I was too sick to go after that, so I ditched them. I'm a sucker, sorry mates!

I'm going to see my doc again tomorrow morning, hopefully he would allow me to fly on tuesday. Right, I'm gonna upload the pictures and will post you a notice here once I'm done.

[[audio: Thom Yorke - Atoms For Peace]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?