<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Moment Of Celebrity

Went to see Watussi at the Basement last night, this venue was surprisingly very pack. (as I got some negative comment about them) First impression was ozomatli meets kid confucius with a touch of boyband vocal!? someone said Watussi is some latin music that won't sell a buck in South America, I don't know about that, but they made a lot of butts shaking last night. The gay man who's sitting in front of me was kept shouting "I love WATUSSI! I love WATUSSI!!!!" Jeez some crazy fans here, don't have to shout tho...

It is totally funky latin pop, I won't say it's hip hop at all, they did rap, but nope, not hip hop. Doesn't mean that they are bad~! They got excellent instrumental players, good beat with a funk style. Although we didn't rock down to the dance floor, I really had a great night.

Anyway, on my way back home, four North Shore boys skateboard their way to me and asked me to send a txt message for them. So I helped them out, but eventually they began to realise I'm the trashbag girl in the Cat paper and started getting so excited that they were talking to someone who's in FBi. (mann, I'm not even a famous DJ...) They kept shaking my hands and even took some pictures with me, I just wanna go home coz my feet were freezing. We talked on the street for almost an hour before they let me go, they were very nice kids tho. Oh well.

P.S. If you like Maddox and is a good illustrator, check this out: illustrators helpout
P.P.S. The Yes Men is overrated, can't be bother to write a review for it [2.5 out of 5]

[[audio: The White Stripes - The Dental Twist]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?