<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Tadaima, Minna Genki?

Just get back from the airport, which means my dad and uncle Bill are making their way back to Hong Kong. My life has been changed from a night person to a morning person now, getting up at before 7am was and still are what I been doing. I wonder how long it would last... :)

Our schedule was crazy last week, after the trip to Blue Mountain, we headed to the airport the next morning and began our 4 days trip to Uluru (aka. Ayers rock). Oh dear, Ayers Rock is the best place I have ever been in Australia [so far], the scenery of landscape was amazing! Although we didn't have the chance to climb up Uluru, as the weather was very windy...

I loveeee hiking, so walking 30km rocky hill road PER DAY was like nothing to me, but I feel bad for my dad and uncle bill, since they didn't have very good fitness and both were carrying a big camera and the camera stand... *smirks* Not even mention it was a time racing walk, as we gotta finish the walk as soon as possible in order to catch the sunset for the Ayers Rock~

Frankly, I can see myself making at least one more trip there in te future, it's just about when. I would love to visit valley of the wind in Kata Tjuta (aka. Olgas) again, the view was so beautiful and stunning!! Well, here is some tips I can give to anyone who want to do a trip there. :)

Should Do:
- Bring Sunscreen and Hat
- Bring a thick Jacket for night time
- Bring moisturizing cream and lip balm
- Bring a bottle of Water and do keep the bottle for refilling
- Carry as lite as you can, as essential as it should be
- Wear Sport Shoes, especially walking in Olgas & Kings Canyon

Should NOT Do:
- Shake off the flies (they won't go away, but they are harmless, so just get used to it)
- Waste one single drop of water (don't carry them, drink them)
- Walk alone (if you are not experienced)
- Climb the Ayers Rock between 10:00-16:00

Smart Tips:
- There's FREE shuttle bus to airport/Yulara resort and inside Yalara
- Rent A Car/Bike & Buy a National Park Ticket ($25 - valid for 3 days!) in the first day
- Don't follow Local Tour especially to Uluru & Olgas (It constraints your time to walk)
- Watch Uluru sunset in cloudy day

Recommendation:
- The best lookout in Yulara Resort is Imalung (in the middle of Yulara)
- The best Long Distance scenery: Uluru Sunset
- The most worthy tour: Observatory tour
- Top 3 Hiking Point (all require at least 3 hours walk):
3. Uluru: base walk
2. Kings Canyon: rim walk
1. Olgas: Valley Of The Wind *MUST WALK*

Dad and Uncle bill took millions of pictures in Ayers Rock, we need to take some time to organise them. Here are few of them, but I'll try to upload them by next week...



Believe it or not, these are all taken by my dad. I think they are poster quality picture! ;)

Well, now they are gone, and I'm back. So where are you? :)

P.S. Noooo! Ben Lee's ticket has already sold out... *sob*

[[audio: VHS OR BETA - Night On Fire]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?