<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

Stay In Front Of The Storm

I hope someone here is expecting to read something new in this blog, coz I do have heaps to talk about these couple weeks. OK, this is gonna be long, so it's fine to take a nap in the middle of the read. :)

Basically, I've became someone's kid again. My nightowl lifestyle has totally changed, since I have to get up really early every morning and no sleeping until 11pm. Our itinerary was very tight and I have to be the navigator as well as the tour guide - who has never travel outside sydney and never drive before, it was insane.

-----

Let's start with the craziest day of April - Graduation Day.

The feeling was weird and unexpectable, it's kind of undescribable. The moment before I step into the ceremony hall, I was very edgy and cranky, even my family wasn't dared to speak to me. Whoever try to interrupt whatever I do would all acquired a cold glare or a bitchy attitude as a present.

But once I stepped up the stage, everything changed. It was like the moment for these three years, a door to another level of life. I thought it was just a dutiful rite, but it's more than that for sure. Seeing friends and other familiar faces walking up to the dean with their gown was incredibly amazing.

Not even mention the climax when the dean asked us to turn around to the audience, be blessed by them and cherish their supports. Tears seemed a bit uncontrollable in the immediate place, the cloud of love and happiness has released in the hall.

So finally, I am graduated as a Media & Cultural Studies Student.


(left to right: Dean is hot; don't give a damn look; An unexpected person - Traeger)

-----

Graduation night was awesome, thanks for all the people who came, truly appreciate it. Even though my parent couldnt speak much English, it seemed like there's no barriers between my family and my friends. Mom made a lovely feast for us, with Kass' surprised cake, we all looked like three months pregnant that night. Dad was having a great time chating with my friends - especially Helmut, since they both obesess with car racing.

I think giving out a speech was the most emotional moment. Guess my gratitude has provoked some tears from my friends and my family. I was a bit shocked, coz to be honest, I have never ever seen my mom and dad cry. That was gold.

-----

Next day morning 6am I was waken up to get ready for Gold Coast, Packing up and rush out to the airport with my eyes close was a dangerous challenge that I have decided to take.

We couldn't really sleep on the flight, since the seat was pretty dense and the loud music was broadcasting every single corner in the flight. Once we reached the Gold Coast, I'm a total stranger there. First time ever, I went to rent a car, navigate my dad to drive on a new found place. Wow~ I wonder what I can't do now!

The beach was superb, hot sunshine and fine sand give me a sense of Miami and a sense of a good opportunity to get a tan. But no, I didn't do it for the first day, I got trapped in an Irish pub for late lunch and all the procrastination of those lax workers have dragged the daytime to night time. Heading back to hotel seemed to be the only choice, since we were all exhausted. But no again, my dad grabbed me to be the navigator again, cruising around Gold Coast and taking photos around the beach. The only cheerful experience was a hot backpacker boy came up and talk to me, but my parent has already took me away and fled to somewhere else. Back home and sleep at 11pm for thr first day.

Parent's alarm woke me up at 8am for the second day, went to Fleay Wildlife park to see some animal actions. Next, we drove all the way to Canungra Vinery and get drunk - did I mention my mom is a wine mania? Then we headed to Lamington National Park and O'Reily Park - and did I mention my dad, also uncle bill, is a photography mania? It was 8pm by the time we drove back to surfers Paradise, and I hit the hay at 10pm after dinner.

The last day, I forced myself to get up 7am and rush out to the beach for some time by myself. Sun wasn't very strong in the morning, so I didn't get much tan as my family summoned me back to the hotel very soon. We drove to Superbee world and some other wildlife park which I could not recall the park name, who cares? I had enough waiting for my dad and my uncle taking pictures of spiders, grasshoppers, bees and other bugs. Not that I don't like it, but the main point of coming to Gold coast has yet to be achieved - enjoying sunshine in the beach. Hence, I asked them to ditch me in the beach and fetch me back an hour before we depart. It was definitely a correct decision, coz I finally got a tan!

Back to sydney, we ended up having dinner at aunty Kass place in Burwood, a big feast was waiting to be digged in to either of our mouth. Kass drove us back home around 11pm, and I just passed out in my bed once I stepped into my room.

-----

Got up 4am with my mom, as she was leaving 8am - 2 hours earlier to check-in. Kass drove from Burwood and took us to airport, geez... what time did she wake up? I could barely keep my consciousness in the back of her car, but it's all for my mom who I only have spent a week with.

No, there's no hard feeling if you want to know. I am always optimistic about whatever happen between me and my family, especially my mom.

After saying goodbye, we fetched my dad and uncle bill to Manly. Woo.. it was heaven, once again my mouth met my favorite fried oyster again. I stayed in the beach more for an absolute tan on my skin, while Kass took my job to tour them around.

Frankly, I have to admit that I AM a Sydney girl. I know the beach in Gold Coast is better, but I miss Sydney so much while I was there. Not that Manly is better, but I feel so comfortable in Sydney, regardless what beach it is. I'm not attracted to Goldie at all, it is just a bit too tourist to me. I prefer a sunny metropolis - and no, Gold Coast is not a metropolis AT ALL.

At night, I took them to have Korean hotpot, it was soooo yumm! But it might scare off some people when they see the soup base was like jungle red, but it's not spicy at all I swear to god. Unless you put a bowl of Kimchi and chilli powder in like I did, you will be like my dad, sweating all over his face. :-p

After filling up the "petrol" to our tummy, I took them up to the Oxford st to experience the queer region. We had few drinks there, they were trying pretty hard to hide the uncomfortable feeling, which most of the people could be fooled away except me. Seeing them resist to go to the bathroom has explicitly implied something, but I don't blame them. Accepting queer as a traditional chinese does need some time to attempt. Rain was pouring all in the sudden, we got no choice but took a bus back home.

-----

Today morning, I got up at 9am to immigration centre and fixed my visa, finally it's done and has extended to 23th Oct, muhaha! Met up with my family again and do Yum Cha in the city, I also invited Reiko and Gavin to join the Chan's family. Yes, Reiko is back few days ago but leaving on wednesday, so this is the only chance we could catch up before we headed to Ayers Rock.

After that, we went to book a rental car for tomorrow, as they planned to go to the Blue Mountain. We need to be there at 8am to pick up the car, you can imagine how crazy that I could turn myself to a morning person now... *pfff*

-----

Yes I did take a couple of days walk my parent around Sydney: China town, Darling Habor, QVB, Hyde Park, Martin Place, Opera House, The Rocks, Taronga Zoo...etc. You name it, I have it. I'll upload some pictures after Ayers Rock, please wait just a little bit longer and stop bitching me.

Hmm... Getting up at 6am tomorrow, happy days... ZZZzZzZzZZZzZzzz!

P.S. OMG, I met Sam S. again, that was a big shock seeing him changing so much!
P.P.S. So I was told Coldplay has returned.

[[audio: End Of Fashion - Too Careful]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?