<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 05, 2005

So Far And Yet So Close

Went to see Arc Solo and Starcharsm with Anja last Thursday in Spectrum, these two bands are like totally different, I have no idea they will play together, which was somehow pretty kewl. Starcharsm has invited a guest fiddler to play in one of their song, which was very nice. I was very inspired by that fiddler, he had a drag of his cigarette, closed his eyes and started to play his violin. It was stunning, every movement he did, there's no hold back, and yes he played very well. (oh! and he look 70% like Jude Law!) That totally remind me those fiddler in the street of France, and my hand began to get itchy for some sketching. Hence I asked Anja to take a picture of him and send it to me. (Danke Anja!!) I got it last nite, and sketched it up til 5 in the morning, I guess once I started something, it's hard to stop unless it is done.

click to see

Get back to Arc Solo, this was their debut show ever in sydney. I don't know if this is the reason or not, the singer seems like he has taken some drug or something, very self-confident. Anyhow, it is a very funky duo, a little bit like a "super spontaneous" Chemical Brother mix with 2% of Red Hot Chilli Pepper... Well, I like it! Although it was a very small concert, but everone in the show was really enjoying it, and did I mention how crazy when the crowd dance?

So! Yesterday I was thinking to head to Hyde Park for the Mardi Gras Festival Carnival after work, but ended up going to Thunderbird with Paul at Arq. It was like a DJ gig mixed with house, funk and breaks, pretty orsum indeed. FBi Sunset DJ Annabelle Gaspar was playing there as well, she is relly good!!! :) We sat in the "inner basketball" sofa and started to chat as well as checked out... the scene. And for the first time ever, we did some super energetic dance, probably under the influence of the amazing lazer show and pretty boys around us... hee hee... Back home at 3am and started drawing. (Actually, I drew few more things besides the French fiddler...)

Got the album 'White Road' by Gurei today, sounds like another version of 'Review' for new Gurei lover. Ya know, I got 'Review' already, they shouldn't blend something too old in there, new songs like White Road and tsuzure ori...etc are nice tho. [3.5 out of 5] Really want to cut my hair off and dye it half white, if you know what I mean... T^T ano kakkoii hea wa hontou ni hoshii ne~~

DJ KRUSH IS ON TONIGHT! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

P.S. Me and Pauly had a secret trip before we went to Thunderbird, my first time ever and it was funny! (ask me if you wanna know, and I know you wanna know... heh heh) *grins*

P.P.S. Guys who can either play violin or speak Cantonese as second language (doesn't have to be fluent), are absolutely sexy.

P.P.P.S. Happy Bob Marley Day!

[[audio: Nakashima Mika - Seven]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?