<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Kissing The Gray Maple

Happy Chinese New Year! Yes, we have just stepped into the year of Rooster today, which means my life is going to be harsher and more unstable. But I just don't want to give a shit about those chinese horoscope prediction now, even if I am gonna die this year *touch wood*, I should enjoy what I have right now.

Anyway, A while ago I finally watched "Kung Fu Hustle" by Stephen Chow, this film is the hottest thing in Hong Kong right now, and IT IS VERY GOOD! Me and my whole family always a big fan of Stephen Chow, since he started doing a kid show til he became the master of comedy! There is no doubt that he IS my most favorite HK movie star, way much better than Jacky Chan. After his previous successful film "Shaolin Soccor", this movie has go beyond this successful line as well as reached the top selling movie record.


Stephen Chow in Kung Fu Hustle.


Comedy master Stephen Chow in charge of producing, directing and performing in this film, which floods with so many real chinese heritage and local culture, fully taste of Hong Kong. (which is the big reason here to prove that JC is not good enough to mention here, he is just a stuntman with a so-called "legendary" background and that's it - legendary like his father is a gangster and he learnt martial art...)

Elements like buddhism, local gangster, his past movies and kung fu story that written in many classic chinese readings, were used in this movie. Good use of postmodernism, crazy computer effect (I admit it was a bit exaggerated, but that's why so funny!), extremely funny with buddhism brain food, just like "Shaolin Soccor". Frankly, every movie that he made always fully control my emotion, it's way so good that I can laugh like hell and cry in just a second.

I'm not sure if westerns would understand the entire movie or not, no I'm not saying they are stupid, but there are so many local jokes and references that one might not comprehend without certain understanding of local cultures. But still, even you can't completely understand everything, it is a very good movie that can make people think and enjoy again again and again without getting sick, therefore I rate it with my sincere honesty. [5 out of 5] TOUCHDOWN!

Indeed, if you don't know Stephen Chow, shouldn't come to me and say you know Hong Kong movies, coz I will laugh at you and then just walk off. I have 70% of his movies at home (30% was in HK), you are more than welcome to come over and watch it!! (so I can explain to you if you don't understand, which is a precious offer for you to learn the real HK movies.)

P.S. I had a nightmare few days ago, I got pushed down from the top of tokyo tower, and he was...

P.P.S. Now I am totally in a discordant mood, and I have to work hard to develop harmony between my home and professional life, my conscious and unconscious personality, and my mind and feelings.

P.P.P.S. I'm in love with Kaede, a song that I didn't pay much attention several years ago but fully engaged with deep feelings now.

[[audio: Spitz - Kaede]]
*kaede = maple

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?