<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Are We Being Happy Or Just Compromising Our Lives?

I went to see Sideways with Peter last night, and this movie totally reminds me American Splendor, because it's the same type of depressive humour, not even mention both films are using the same protagonist - Paul Giamatti. Probably he has that bald + nervous-looking face, often plays a depressive character... I really like this comedy, because it is one of those humours with high quality brain food and nutritions in it. (Can't believe this independent film is directed by Alexander Payne, who's also the director of Jurassic Park III) Jokes about wine, women, men, inability and life, it's like a glass of wine with different nice flavor blended together for us to taste it, yummm......Something, the more you think about it, the more you like it. :) [4.5 out of 5]

I've been thinking something about life again, this time I am challenging the definition of happiness, and I have a bit of feeling that it may hit me down to a depressive mode again, well... who cares? But I was having a conversation with someone awhile ago, talking about if there's no down, there's no up; if there's no sadness, you would never appreciate happiness. I started my interest in the area of the changing point of it, do people really appreciate happiness because they had lost it? or... do people just compromising their life to take what it's not as what it is to claim their happiness?

For the moment you said "I am happy with that", what is this statement based on? what were you thinking? To me, this is more like a sentence that we say when nothing does a matter anymore, as long as we are happy. I used to buy that, but now I realised that certain things in our lives cannot use this statement to compromise. You can say that is because of selfishness at some point, but also about how fair you are treating yourself and others. you know, it's like you are eating an apple but desperately want an orange... It's not fair to you and the apple, and if there's any, someone else who is desperately want the apple. Am I asking too much for a better happiness?

A line always have two ends point to an opposite side, where we go is all depended on how much we approach our desires by doing certain things. The more you love and dream, the more madness you have inside yourself; The more you reconsider and plan, the more rational you are. Both side has its positive and negative perspective, how do we take the balance though? How much should we go for our desire? and how much should we hold back and have a second thought? I don't know what am I, but I can tell my rationality is having the tendency of supporting my madness... perhaps I have 200% thought of madness inside my brain cells.

Didn't get depression, I passed. Enough boring talks.

To Peter: Thanks for letting me stay over last night, or else I'll become a wet dog.

P.S. Why people have to sneak and peek? Why living in shadow? Let the fire burn and lighten up yourself.
P.P.S. Wayne Brady is sooooo funny. I should have stayed at home more on Monday... *grins*

[[audio: Love Psychedelico - Standing Bird]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?