<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Have a great Mid-autumn Festival.

It is Mid-Autumn Festival today, I know it doesn't make sense in Australia, coz we are in Spring-summer now. But this is a Chinese Festival, so think east, people, think east!

I love Mid-autumn festival when I was a kid, we used to have a family gathering on the outside the lawn at night, have those traditional chinese lanterns and candles lit up, we also have a very sweet festival food - moon cake (made with lotus seed).

Mid-Autumn Fest has so many tales behind, it's all related to the moon, the most typical one would be a girl who ate some mysterical medicine that made her body became very light and fled up to the moon. (In ancient time, medicine were discovered by testing on human.)

I bought myself some moon cake but I'm gonna have it by myself, since my family is not here. and I have an assignment to do, which means it's not very good to invite my friends come and celebrate this festival with me. But I think it's ok, maybe I just have my own mid-autumn fest with friends after I finished my essay...*poof*

Dodge me if you can! *Throw out Microphones*

Yesterday, I was thinking to have a quiet day, but I ended up doing all the things that I haven't done for decades, and it was great to have all these people hang out with me! :)

Finally watched dodgeball , it was a "back to good laugh quality" film of Ben Stiller. Athough quite a lot of scenes are quite cliche that you can tell it stole from old skool, baseketball and zoolander, it didn't kill the jokes. Making fun of Gym jocks is pretty kool, I had a big laugh when Chuck Norris show up. This flim has a lot of nutz, lots of nutz... I love.

Went to meet up with Jo after the movie, we had sushi in Makoto and it was very nice! It's not those crappy take away hand roll stuff, crispy seaweed and flesh fish are all the matter in this restaurant! It was still abit disappointed, coz most of the sushi are designate for Aussie (ya'know, they put avocade in salmon, which is not original at all), which means less varities for me who just stick with raw fish and seafood.

Anyway, we went to karaoke after dinner, yeah!!!! I haven't do karaoke like ages, I dun really like the aussie karaoke, coz I wanna sing cantonese and japanese too. Me and Jo just danced in the room and sing out loud, which always feels good! It's ashame that there's not many English song to sing, or I should put it this way - there's not many English song that I like available, they are way too mainstream...

Lezel was abit too crazy tho, she did karaoke then meet us up and sing with us again. I have never heard she sing, and I realised her voice is super amazing! I was so impressed when she sang "I Turn to you", it was totally stunning.

Of course I also have my show-off song, remind you I was a vocal too! I always dig A.Keys, so my Karaoke song is always "How come you don't call me?". This song is so fun to sing, you can play with your voice, which means everytime you sing this song, it could come out a different version. So remember! this is my song! you guys back off.

P.S. Aqua lung is having concert in HK!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH~ KILL ME...

[[audio: Keane - Somewhere Only We Know]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?