<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Mental destruction...

Hey, happy birthday to Shalailah and Fean! I know it was yesterday, and I forgot to put it up... It's funny that Shai got online to MSN in China (pretty expensive indeed), and just told me that it's her birthday. Well baby, come back and I'll get trashed with you! Didn't see Fean recently, but still... it's her big day, and I bet she's having a hangover right now!

This morning I have Ben rocked up to my apartment, slapped me up from my sweet dream and grabbed me to Yum Cha. (Yum Cha means "drink tea" in chinese, we have Dim Sum for food, which means "bite-sized food".) For that moment I felt like back to Hong Kong again, which was amazing... I love Yum Cha.

This morning when Ben said I don't look like Chinese anymore, I was somehow in the middle of happy and sad. I hate being identified based on nationality, not because I don't like to be a Chinese, but I think it's just wrong to generalize myself as a Chinese and that's it. (Because some non-Chinese people are too dumb to understand there're different kinda Chinese people) What's sad is that, I love the culture of Chinese and I'm proud to be the "Dragon's posterity" (that's how Chinese call their generation.), and it seems like fading away in my life.

So I am here to give people some lessons about me and Chinese culture.

LESSON 1:

Fay is a Chinese who born in Hong Kong. Not from Japan, not from Korea, or whatsoever, but Hong Kong! (The most ridiculous one is someone had asked if I'm French... bless you) And Hong Kong is neither a city in Singapore, nor South Africa! (Don't Laugh, I seriously heard this from a friend of mine, which is funny but terribly sad...) It's in the southeast coast of Mainland China, colonized by Britian til 1997, now ruled by China but administrated by the local government, called "SAR".

LESSON 2:

Fay's mother tongue is Cantonese! (All the Honkies speak Cantonese) Not Japanese, not Mandarin! Although I know how to speak some, but for Christ sake, please stop saying MOSHI MOSHI in front of me, you are not even using it right, smartarse! (MOSHI MOSHI is the greeting word from Japan, which is used via phone ONLY!) I won't teach you Japanese unless you realised I'm not.

If you wanna say Hi to me, you are very welcome to speak English, or "Lei Ho". (Lei Ho means Hi in Cantonese, Lei = you; Ho = good) If you wanna say how are you, that would be "Lei Ho Ma?" (Ma is a question form of Cantonese, and people usually replied "Ho", that means good) My Cantonese lesson are always free as long as you wanna learn.

LESSON 3:

Fay doesn't eat DOG, dipshit! It's illegal to eat Dog in Hong Kong, and I love Dog. If you wanna eat those crazy animals, go to mainland China! They got Dogs, Cats, Possums, Snakes, and different kind of insects if you keen on.

CLASS DISMISS, go home and study.

Of course, if you have any questions, I'm always open arms to listen and help.

I'm happy to live without any nationality indeed, but seems this is somehting I can't avoid. I'm looking forward aliens to come, (if there's any, please come!) so I can identify myself as human, that sounds more make sense than calling myself as a Chinese, Asian, or whatever.

Ok, I gotta get ready for Allnighter, PEACE OUT.

[[audio: Audio Traffic - Don't Leave]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?