<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 12, 2004

Full of stamps on my body...

Saturday, Shake up? or Little Birdy? Jeez... I've been struggled this question for the whole week.

Reason going to Shake up
-Shalailah's there.
-they have the herd, macromantics and Kid confucius

Reason going to Little Birdy
-Sonic's there
-it's little Birdy first individual live ever
-they have the Camels playing

Well... I end up going to see Little Birdy, two reasons: I've never seen Little Birdy's live and it's Sonic's Birthday. I have to say that Little Birdy is my favourite Aussie female rock singer, I love Magic Dirt and Fur Patrol too, but Little Birdy's distinctive voice and many of her songs are the top! I was an hour late to the Gaelic Club, but glad that I didn't miss The Camels. Oh! The Camels... They are super Orsum, "Summertime", "First Kiss" and many great songs that heated up the entire crowd. The vocalist handled situation like guitar string's broken perfectly, he changed the string in no time and nothing was interrupted in the middle of the song. He broke his E string two songs after, they he just took it off and said "F*ck it, we can rock on without E String", which he did played the whole song very well without the E string. Fully Respackt!

Little Birdy came up gracefully with her band, black semi-seethrough dress (you could see her black underpants with white spots) and long black socks with yellow high heels, very kool and rock n'roll! Started with "Relapsed" and "Too late" which the crowd should be familiar with; then came up with several slow rock like "My fault" and "Beautiful" which were so nice and mellow; After some new songs, she finally played "This is a love song" and "Baby Blue", people started shouting out "You are f*cking Sexy!" which she is! I am fully in love with this rock chick, power to Little birdy. (I have to mention her unique accent here, apparently she kept saying "Thank kill" which really amazed me.)

Heh heh... So you think I missed The Herd and Macromantics? Well I didn't, coz they played for Macromantic's CD launch on Sunday at Newtown!! And it's free entry, Woohoo!!! I went with Christian after the Aroma coffee festival and met up with Shalailah, Buhaigar and Jackson. It was such a great show, heaps local hip hop bands' MCs just rocked up to the stage and freestyled together, such as Alphabetics, the Herd, Koolism, Sleeping Monk, Macromantics and so on. What can I say? I'm lucky! Later on, we saw DJ Danielsan somewhere in the crowd and I started getting excited! Shalailah kept pushing me to say Hi to him but I was too shy to go, I was like a big fan saw my big idol, my heart was pumping so fast! *scream* Oh well! I'm not worried, coz I'm pretty sure soon I'll see him again and will definitely talk someday... muahehe!

Anyway, we jumped into Shalailah's car, put on The Stroke and drive home. How sweet is this weekend?

P.S. Big ups to Sonic, Pat, and Robin (The Camels' father) whose birthday's on Saturday, also big big ups to my dear DJ Danielsan, his birthday's on Friday, bless you all. muah muah muah!

P.S.S. To whoever likes coffee, Olivers coffee is the champion of the Aroma coffee festival, considering they have the smoothest and greatest taste of coffee I have ever have.

(FACT: I have 5 stamps on both of my wrists and my back neck during these two days.)

[[audio: Pulp - Disco 2000]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?