<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Viva la revolution! Salute to Mother Courage.

Last Friday I finally did the group performance – the final ending of Mother Courage. Although I almost screwed up the last scene, the audiences seem really impressed by our compelling performances and all the effects that we came up in a few days. I wasn’t happy for my imperfect performance at first, changing from a soldier to Mother Courage is the hardest part indeed, it was entirely dark in the backstage, and my dress was somehow flipped inside out that waste me heaps time to put it on. You can imagine how tense everyone was in the backstage, this unexpected delay totally dragged me up to the nerves. Other mistakes like missing 2 lines in the song, forgot to unlock the scaffold, and dropped the money on the floor accidentally, were pretty upset me.

However once I walked out the theatre, friends and strangers started coming up to me and told me how awesome the performance was. Let me quote the first person who talked to me, she said “oh my god, you guys are f**king awesome!” with her two thumbs up. Yet I wasn’t happy for the stupid faults I made, I went out and told Irma about that, and Pete suddenly came up and acclaimed our performance was amazingly solid, which made me realise it wasn’t so bad after all. More people told me that they were surprised by the “blood effect” that we used on the gunshot, dramatic background music that we chose couple nights ago, and the lighting effect that we never had a chance to try in the rehearsal at all.

My emotion was rekindled by the audiences’ supports, and how successful we been through the harsh chaotic rehearsal time, to be honest, our group has the least time for the practice because of our tutor’s lazy manner. All the people in my group were very discontent of her dumb behaviour that led to the insufficient time for rehearsal, but this also proves that we can do something impressive without her useless tutorial and sucking up her ass.

I am literally pissed off by the disorganised manner of my tutor and her snobby attitude that she frequently needs her students to kiss her kinky arse. Other classes have been started this performance project since the beginning of this semester, and our class started in two weeks ago. What’s more? This b*tch had never ever seen my group’s practice until the day before the performance, and she just got time to see it once, hile other groups have already been seen by her a week ago. The funniest thing is how she tried to outstand her so-called theatrical cognition, she said we should use actual props like a real axe to chop some real wood else it’s a joke to the audience, how ridiculous is that? So does it mean that we should have a real gun to shot Dawn? Make a real cart? Throw Dawn a real stone? Ever heard about symbolisation before? stupid slacker...

Anyway, I really enjoy working with my group, these girls are seriously kick butt, I certainly miss these days we been together. Thanks Irma and Brittany for sparing out the apartment for rehearsal, thanks whoever brought the food, thanks Dawn for the props, thanks Christine for the lift… though I got freaked out while she got hit by another car! Last but not least, thanks for the dog who sang “Hot Stuff” to entertain me. We have promised to come out for celebration after all the assignments, which is gonna fun!

Back to last week, I can’t remember which day, but there was a note informed me to claim an unknown parcel. It was pretty odd, as there’s only one person would send me parcel, who is my mum, and she always let me know before she send stuff to me… and it’s not my birthday yet… Anyhow, I went to claim the parcel, and it’s from my dear friend Mami! (I met her in the surfing course at Manly last summer, she’s very elegant but also a very energetic cheerleader in Japan!!) I was so excited to see such a big parcel, and there’s a “Chasen” – a bamboo brush that Japanese use to make traditional green tea in their tea ceremony. What a lovely present, arigatou gozaimasu! OK, I can have a tea ceremony in my place, anyone wanna join for some nice green tea?

Yesterday, I went to supermarket for some food, and when I was picking some peas, I heard the lady talking to her daughter about people behaviour. Apparently, she said people who have good manner are because they have higher level of education, which I think she’s terribly misleading her innocent daughter. Excuse me madam, there’s so many jackasses out there who got a degree or even graduated as a master, and many criminals has higher education level than those dump cops. I found that such a misleading theory always preached by the patriarch, and they are the real jerks who judge people by their educational level, and believe that it is in proportion to their deportment. If you still too dump to get my point, allow me to tell you loud and clear here – WRONG! Deportment is nothing related to educational level, but it’s mainly influenced by one’s parent. Yes, you, and you are screwing up your daughter’s brain, boner! I really hate people who know nothing about respect, what a disgrace.

Argggh… My skin problem is getting worse due to the dry cold weather, though it happens every time when the season change. The allergy usually lasts for about week or two, but this time it’s been irritating me for more than 3 weeks. My mum said the reason of that is because of the stress and lack of sleeping. I also notice another problem of my health, it’s indicated by my nails. There are some tiny pits and white spots on my crappy nails that I never had before, Christine told me I’m in lack of Vitamin B, so I ran to Chemist yesterday and bought a big bottle of Vitamin B pills, hopefully it would improve my nails… arghhh, and I constantly space out, what's wrong with me? My head is blocked, how frustrated!! *shriek*

Well, I am going to stop posting diary for awhile, since I have to concentrate on my essays and an examination. I will be back in mid-June, so stay tuned! I still check my emails, but probably will reply you after my semester if it’s not urgent, so take care koolism, ciao!

[[audio: Tom Jones – You can leave your hat on]]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?