<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 01, 2004

INDULGENCE OF CHOCOLATO

OH MY GOD... You won't believe what I had today!! I went out to meet up my lovely Reiko and her kawaii BF - Galvin today, we went to have a drink in "Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar: Made by the bald man" (what a bizzare name I have to say...), it's a very cozy cafe where full of chocolate aroma around, yumm~~! Anyway, they had a dark & white mocha and strawberries with melted chocolate dip, and I ordered a very special drink - Equador dark chocolate with ORCHID FLOWER OIL in hug, and a waffle with melted chocolate~ have a look of us:

Galvin & ReikoReiko & me
head to my photo site for a bigger view~ (it's in "Day in Sydney")

And we were talking how we have chocolate, Reiko love dipping frozen banana in melted chocolate, which actually reminded me the Swiss chocolate hotpot that I had in Hong Kong, we dipped like frozen ice-cream and fruit in it... What's more? many people think this is a strange way to have chocolate, but seriously... try this: chocolate with peanut butter!!!! Trust me, this is an ultimate indulgence in chocolate utopia! (warning: do not get addicted to it, or you'll gain heaps weight!) At this very moment, I am thinking the chocolate cake with custard cream that Jaime Oliver made in Pukka Tukka last week...!! *scream*

INDULGENCE OF ASIAN FOOD

After some wandering in Chatswood and a few chat with Max and his "BF". we went for Korean seafood hotpot & Beef BBQ, which is always superb! Reiko showed off her korean as usual, just like me showing off my crappy japanese in front of her all the time... heh heh! *jiman tarashii~*

Anyway, we had a big conversation about Spicy food, Galvin has a big theory behind the indulgence of spicy food - that when our lips got burnt by spicy food, sensory nerve fibres would proliferate the sensitivity of tasting, and eventually, we would yearn for more spicy food to stimulate the nerves. *wakaru?* Talking about my experience of spicy food...I started taking spicy food since I had Cedric's homemade Indian curry, it was so damn hot but I can't resist eating it, so I've been training myself to have spicy noodle, chilli dishes, kimchi...etc. *karai karai~~!* Galv also recommended a great Indian restaurant to me which located in Newtown - my favorite suburb again~ In exchange of, I told them my favourite Thai restaurant in the same spot - Bank's Thai, Red Curry duck and the Beef Salad are the "MUST EAT" dishes... *mecha mecha oishii* so we've decided to go there for dinner before Reiko leave. Anyone wanna join? :)))

INDULGENCE OF KILL BILL

Yes Yes Yes! I been looked for people to see this with me, great to have some companies at last! T^T *kandou* I was told that Kill Bill vol1 is inspired by many HK & Jap movies, whereas Kill BIll vol2 is influenced by western films. Well, the second one actually still have lots of HK filming style in it, but yes... it's mainly interpreted in a western old movie style. The worst thing in the movie is the terrible translation of Pai Mei's Cantonese, and it's funny to have Uma speaking Mandarin and Pai Mei replied in Cantonese, how weird!! Oh well, it's directed by Tarantino, shouldn't be surprised.

Alrighty, the next film - ETERNAL SUNSHINE!
Anyone? pleaseeee? *puppy eyes*

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?